The Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC) in partnership with Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber (NMBBC) is calling for applications from all qualifying SMMEs to be part of the Eastern Cape Exporter Development Programme (ECEDP) aimed at assisting local companies to start exporting.
The programme seeks to provide export related assistance to the different levels of companies and ensure that the ECDC provides succinct assistance in the company’s growth.
The ECEDP is targeted those firms that are new to exporting, but require some additional incentive or support to enter and explore new markets. The process to be enrolled will entail a thorough screening, selection and site visit process to identify firms that are ready to enter the export market.
The EC Exporter Development Programme Expectations
• Each company will form part of the programme for maximum of 12 months
• Financial and non-financial support on export related activities
• The ECDC will access the needs of the company and assist them in the identified needs for exports
• Part of the assistance provided includes; assistance with export documentation, export related training, participation on exhibitions/missions
• Participants to attend 80% of all the training sessions
• Participants to pay a thousand rand (R1000) as commitment fee, refundable upon successful completion of programme
• Participants to be further levied R300 per session missed without prior notification of 5 days
The following minimum criteria need to be met in order for an application to be considered for participating on this programme:
• Be an entrepreneur or SMME based in the Eastern Cape
• At least 18 months in operations with verifiable financials
• Must have an existing product with demonstrable local market
• Must have an interest on export markets
Submission of applications Interested companies should complete the application form which can found at the ECDC website: www.ecdc.co.za and NMBBC website: www.nmbbusinesschamber.co.za and submit applications at the following offices: