The Position: Communications Specialist
The Border-Kei Chamber of Business (BKCOB) has a full-time position available and seeks to replace a vacancy within the Communications portfolio of the Chamber.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and respected communicator, capable of achieving targets and working in a pressured environment.
A postgraduate qualification in communications, journalism or marketing is required. The prospective candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the communications field, engaging internal and external stakeholders through various platforms including social media.
Duties include but are not limited to website and social media content development. Advertising sales, photography and experience developing a publication would be an added advantage.
- Strong independent and innovative thinker
- Self-assured and able to work without supervision
- Good communicator with above average skills
- Have recognised networks with respected media houses.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to engage a diverse range of members at various levels.
- Innovative and improves relationships through communication.
The incumbent would be responsible for the BKCOB magazine – The Business Hi-Lite including close collaboration with the Publisher. This includes the writing of articles, material research and advertising sales.
- Web based acumen that includes developing and updating web sites. Word Press experience would be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the intricacies of social media.
- Writing, editing and drafting press releases as well as other news letters
- Mass mailing and mass electronic communication (eg. Mail Chimp)
- Distribution of invitations and newsletters
- Able and prepared to mentor interns
- ITC experience especially digital communications platforms.
Candidates can email their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.