“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
JOIN THE CHAMBER
The BKCOB has been the Voice of Business in the Border region for 140 years! An achievement we’re most certainly proud of, and over the years we have been instrumental in taking part in some of the global landmarks, such as both world wars and the global recession of 2008/9.
Some lesser known points on how the Chamber has been The Voice of Business:
- Instrumental in bringing low-cost airlines to East London and reducing business costs.
- One of the few Chambers that own their own building and who utilise member subscriptions to advocate member needs.
- The ONLY green Chamber of Commerce & Industry on the continent of Africa and a renewable energy certificate trader.
- The Chamber’s Trade Department has uncovered international fraud cases worth more than R1million in 2015/16 and worked with the DTI and Foreign Embassies, to uncover online scams and fraudulent exports involving false documentation and fake government issued certificates.
As of 2016, our Longstanding Members include:
- 232 companies have been members for 20-49 years
- 8 companies have been Chamber members for over 50 years
- 1 member has reached their centenary!