The Border Kei Chamber of Business is launching its inaugural Business Awards. The Awards aim to
recognise outstanding businesses and individuals for their valuable contribution to the Border-Kei economy.
The Awards Ceremony will be held annually at the BKCOB Gala Event in November. Businesses and
organisations whose achievements in the workplace are inspirational and positively influence the
Border Kei region and economy, will be showcased.
By participating in the BKCOB Business Awards, you will be aligning yourself with other businesses and
organisations that are striving towards managing their triple bottom line more efficiently and
There are six categories of awards sponsored by Category Partners: –
EMERGING ENTREPRENEUR CATEGORY
- The business may not be trading for more than 5 years.
- Turnover should not exceed R5M.
- Show signs of positive financial growth since start-up.
- The business should be trading for more than 3 years.
- Turnover in excess of R5M.
- Need to verify that the business is profitable.
BUSINESSWOMAN OF THE YEAR CATEGORY
- Be a woman.
- If an entrepreneur, she needs to be a minimum of 50% shareholder in the organization.
- If an employee within a Corporate – needs to be in a leadership role for more than 2 years.
BUSINESS LEGEND CATEGORY
- Be a business role model.
- Has made a significant impact in the community.
- Be a business pioneer.
CORPORATE GOLD CATEGORY
- A registered business that should be trading for more than 5 years.
- Turnover between R10 – R50M, and be profitable.
- Needs to employ minimum 50 staff members.
CORPORATE PLATINUM CATEGORY
- A registered business trading for more than 5 years.
- Turnover exceeding R50M and needs to be profitable.
- Needs to employ minimum 100 staff members.
Should you wish to nominate someone, or to nominate your business, please see the nomination
Closing date for the nominations is August 25, 2023.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org